- This event has passed.
Engaging the Aging
June 2, 2016 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Jill Yesko, CPO®, of Discover Organizing® will provide participants with an engaging understanding of the challenges that the aging adult has regarding being more organized in their daily lives.
- Learn to use techniques that will engage clients in goalsetting for organizing their homes and creating safer environments for mobility.
- Be taught to identify hoarding behaviors and what your next steps are if you observe them.
- Discuss how to engage and respond to family members and the client on matters of downsizing and relocation.
- Discover how making small changes to rooms in the home can dramatically improve quality of life for the senior client.
- Teach transferable skills in terms of paper management, scheduling their day, planning their meals and other routines that will benefit their lifestyle.
- Review strategies for avoiding confrontation, reducing stress and minimizing confusion.
2 Free CEU Credits (SWs,RNs,NHAs,PCHAs)
NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family
Therapists (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors. Approved for Professional Nurses through Section 21.133 and 21.134 continuing education of the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Approve for 2 CEUs for Personal Care Home Administrators.
Washington County Health Center
Training Room-1st Floor
36 Old Hickory Ridge Road
Washington, PA 15301
Thursday, June 2nd, 2016
4:00 pm Registration/Light Dinner
4:30 – 6:30 pm Presentation
RSVP by May 27 to Pat 412-595-7554