- This event has passed.
Black History Month—Join in the Reenactment of the Freedom Marches of the Civil Rights Movement
February 27, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- A prelude to the main event will be a symbolic march across the N.B./B.F. bridge beginning at 9 A.M.
- Coffee and hot chocolate will be provided by Hallowed Grounds of New Brighton at Townsend Park, 610 Third Avenue, 6th Street at 9:30.
- At 10 A.M. the New Brighton police will provide escort down 3rd Avenue to the Historic Wayman Chapel A.M.E. Church at 1120 6th Avenue, N.B.
- Rev. Tawan Bailey, pastor of the Historic Wayman A.M.E. Church, will deliver a message of freedom and peace
- Refreshments in the fellowship hall thanks to the church family.
Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016
9:30 A.M.— Noon
Townsend Park New Brighton, PA
Call 724-378-7547 for details