- This event has passed.
2015 STAR-Center Conference – “Understanding Adversity and Helping Youth to Overcome it”
May 1, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$60.00
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
1. Review the psychological effects of maltreatment on psychological outcome
2. Summarize the extant knowledge about effects of maltreatment on brain structure and function
3. Outline implications of these findings for clinical care, prevention, and future research
4. Identify elements of a comprehensive school-based prevention program and self-evaluate their own school’s policies, procedures, and programs.
5. Describe key research findings and the best practices they support
6. Identify resources for remaining well informed about suicide prevention in schools and communities.
This program is appropriate for clinical and educational personnel.
There is a $60 registration fee for this conference. Cost to employees of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic is $30. The registration fee includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.), training materials, and continuing education credits.
Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, April 30, 2015. Please return registration form by Monday, April 27, 2015.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credit is available for this program for Psychologists, Counselors, Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT, PA Educators, and Other professionals.