- This event has passed.
“Preventing Teen Suicide: Promise and Practice”: Annual Conference
May 6, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$60.00
STAR-Center is pleased to announce our 2016 Conference. The conference is scheduled to be held on Friday, May 6, 2016 at the William Pitt Union, on the University of Pittsburgh campus.
The conference will feature Keynote addresses by Dr. David Brent and Dr. Paula McCommons, as well as workshops on the following topics:
David A. Brent, M.D. Saving Holden Caulfield: Do We Have What it Takes to Prevent Teen Suicide?
Paula S. McCommons , Ed.D. A Summary of SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Suicide Prevention Grant Outcomes: PA Potential Contribution and Products
Skill Development Workshops:
Trauma-Focused CBT for Youth and Caregivers
- Assessment and Management of Suicidality in Specialized Youth Populations
- Challenges in Managing Concussed Adolescents: The Biopsychosocial Balancing Act
- Avoiding Transition Wrecks: Successfully Facilitating the Transition of Students from Mental Health Facilities Back into Educational Environments
- Managing Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Teens
- Parents as Partners: Helping Parents Help Their Depressed and Suicidal Teen
- Safety Planning with Self-Injurious Youth in a Clinical Setting
- Intensive Outpatient Program: What it is and Who it’s for: The Benefits of IOP
- Medication Management/Mood Disorders
To view the full conference brochure, including Cost, CEU information, and registration form, please visit the conference page of our web site at http://www.starcenter.pitt.edu/Conference-Information/23/Default.aspx
Please e-mail Jamey Covaleski (email@example.com), Administrative Coordinator of STAR-Center Outreach, with questions regarding the conference program. Questions regarding registration can be e-mailed to Nancy Mundy (firstname.lastname@example.org), Conference Planner, OERP/WPIC.