- This event has passed.
Controlling Unemployment Compensation Costs
September 17, 2014 @ 1:30 am - 4:00 pm
YOU ARE INVITED TO A FREE
UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION SEMINAR ON
Controlling UC Costs
Sponsored by PA CareerLink® Beaver County
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2014
at 1:30 p.m.
Location: PA CareerLink® Beaver County
285 Beaver Valley Mall Rte 18
Monaca, PA 15061
Call the PA CareerLink® Beaver County
at 724-728-4860 ext. 205
by September 10, 2014
Please contact the PA CareerLink® Beaver County if you require a disability accommodation.
This seminar describes ways employers can control their unemployment compensation (UC) costs. Important points we will explain include:
- The value of filing your tax reports and payments on time and online
- The importance of reviewing your UC benefit charge and UC tax rate notifications
- When to appeal your UC tax rate
- What to do when you suspect a business is not reporting wages and paying taxes
- What is suitable work and how to notify UC if a claimant refuses work
- How the recently enacted Act 75 law changes can affect an employer’s benefit charges
- Separation issues and their effect on relief from charges
- How UC detects benefit overpayments and how that affects
Questions & Answers
Unemployment compensation customer service professionals will be available to answer your questions and help you to better understand the UC program.
For more information on all aspects of unemployment compensation, go online at www.uc.pa.gov and click on “Employer Services.”
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program