- This event has passed.
2014 STAR-Center Annual Conference: In Search of Safe Space: Helping Youth Face Stress and Terror
May 16, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$60
STAR-Center is pleased to announce our 2014 Conference. The conference is scheduled to be held on Friday, May 16, 2014 at the William Pitt Union, on the University of Pittsburgh campus. The theme of the conference is “In Search of Safe Space: Helping Youth Face Stress and Terror.”
The conference will feature Keynote addresses by Dr. David Brent and Dr. Mary Margaret Kerr, as well as workshops n the following topics:
David A. Brent, M.D. Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Teens: Attention-Getting Fad or Dress Rehearsal for Death?
Mary Margaret Kerr, Ed.D. Insights, Images, and Inspiration: How Children Make Meaning of Terrorism
Skill Development Workshops:
- Utilizing Emotion Regulation and Distress Tolerance in a School Setting
- Motivational Interviewing: Practices from the Heart
- Managing Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Teens
- Concussions & School: The Neurocognitive & Educational Aspects of Recovery
- Teen Social Media and Mental Health Usage Trends for Professionals
- Prevention and Treatment of Depression and Suicidality among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual (LGB), and Transgender (TG) Teenagers
- The Role of Sleep in Emotional Health and Functioning in Teens: Learning and Applying Strategies for Case Formulation and Intervention
- Postvention Response in Schools: Current Practices, Recommendations and Challenges
- Safety Planning with Self-Injurious Youth in a Clinical Setting: Best Practice Recommendations and Cautions
- Building Resilience and Preventing Depression in Adolescents: The Resourceful Adolescent Program
To view the full conference brochure, including Cost, CEU information, and registration form, please visit our web site at www.starcenter.pitt.edu
Please e-mail Jamey Covaleski (firstname.lastname@example.org), Administrative Coordinator of STAR-Center Outreach, with questions regarding the conference program. Questions regarding registration can be e-mailed to Nancy Mundy (email@example.com), Conference Planner, OERP/WPIC.