- This event has passed.
ADHD and Executive Function
September 11, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$20 – $175
The Fourth Annual Conference on ADHD and Executive Function
The aim of this conference is to provide participants with a greater understanding of the multitude of issues surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD across the lifespan. During the keynote presentation, Peg Dawson, EdD, a nationally known lecturer and co-author of the widely acclaimed “Smart but Scattered,” will address the importance of executive skills and how they impact learning. Afternoon workshop sessions will be specifically geared toward clinicians, families of children with ADHD, and adults living with ADHD.
KEYNOTE: “Why Parents, Teachers, and Treaters Need to Know about Executive Skills” Peg Dawson, EdD
- Pharmacological Challenges and ADHD
- ADHD, Reading Disorders, and Language Disorders: The Complex Triad
- Sleep Disorders and ADHD
- ADHD and Substance Abuse
- Mindfulness and ADHD: A Review of the Research and Practice
- COPE Therapy Model: Parenting Strategies for Challenging Situations
- Transition to College
- Classroom Management: How to Work with Children with ADHD
- ADHD in the School Setting: A Parent’s Guide to Navigating the System
- Differential Diagnosis: ADHD vs Trauma, ADHD vs Autism
Details can be found on the website, http://www.wpic.pitt.edu/oerp/conferences
For additional information or to receive a brochure, please contact Nancy Mundy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 204-9090.